The CalFresh program, California’s adaptation of the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), supplements the food budget of eligible households. Monthly benefits are issued through Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT), similar to a bank debit card, which can be used to buy nutritious food at many markets and grocery stores.
CalFresh applicants may qualify for Expedited Service. If eligible to Expedited Service, the household will get the CalFresh benefits no more than three calendar days after applying.
The minimum requirements to submit an application include: Name, Address, Signature.
For more information visit: California Department of Social Services - CalFresh
Medi-Cal offers free or low-cost health coverage for California residents who meet eligibility requirements. Individuals not eligible to Medi-Cal may be eligible to select health plan coverage through Covered California. Applying for health coverage means your eligibility for both Medi-Cal and Covered California health plan coverage will be evaluated. For more information visit: California Department of Health Care Services – Medi-Cal
California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
CalWORKs provides a temporary cash grant to eligible low-income families. Services to promote and encourage work, family stability, and self-sufficiency are provided along with the program. For more information visit: California Department of Social Services - CalWORKs
Any person who willfully and with the intent to defraud, makes a false statement or fails to disclose a fact in order to obtain an amount of benefits to which he/she is not entitled is committing fraud. If you think someone is committing fraud it is important to let someone know about it:
Call (530) 529–3590 or (530) 527-1911
Go to the following page: Stop Medi-Cal Fraud or call 1-800-822-6222
How to apply
Programs available include supplemental nutrition programs, health coverage, and monetary assistance. Families or individuals in need of assistance must submit an application. There are several ways to apply:
- Online – Applications can be filed electronically at the following links:
You can also upload documents, forms, and verifications online.
- Phone – Applications are accepted by phone. Call (530) 527-1911, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- In Person - Applications are available and accepted in the lobby Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. A drop box is available to drop off applications outside of lobby hours and is located at 310 S. Main Street, Red Bluff, CA 96080
- Mail – Applications may be submitted by mail at: PO Box 1515, Red Bluff, CA 96080
- Fax - Applications may be submitted by fax at (530) 527-5410.