Tehama County Department of Social Services Is Hiring
Thank you for your interest in our agency. We are frequently hiring individuals that have a passion for assisting others; a commitment to serving the community; are compassionate; have a strong work ethic and a desire to be part of a team.
About Tehama County
Beautiful Tehama County is in the heart of northern California, midway between Sacramento and the Oregon border. Based on the shores of the Sacramento River and in the shadows of Mount Lassen, Tehama County boasts some of the lowest housing costs in California along with short commute times to work.
Did you know that Tehama County offers excellent benefits?
- 96 hours of vacation per year, increasing upon continuous years of service.
- 96 hours of sick leave per year.
- 13 paid holidays plus one 8-hour personal holiday.
- CalPERS retirement plan, 7% employee contribution.
- The County pays approximately 80% of premiums for medical, dental, and vision plan (including a $30,000 life insurance plan for employee). For the employee and entire family, the current employee's share of the insurance plan ranges from $171.84 to $510.84 per month depending on the plan selected.
- Annual salary step increase based upon satisfactory performance and completion of 2,080 hours (Steps A to E).
- Deferred compensation plan with the County matching the employee's deposit from $25 up to $45 per month.
- Supplemental insurance plans available.
- Employee Assistance Program is provided to all employees at no cost by the County.
Available positions will be posted at Merit Systems and are updated frequently. Please check the website regularly for positions you are interested in. All applications for employment to TCDSS must be submitted on the Merit Systems website. TCDSS cannot accept applications at their service locations.